Thursday, August 1, 2013

Eating lots of broccoli will turn your pee green


   Tell kids this fact and they might be more open to eating their veggies next time.  Your pee turns green because of broccoli's high concentration of chlorophyll, the chemical used by plants to make food from sunlight.  Human bodies cannot digest this chemical and it usually passes through our digestive system unnoticed.  However, with eat more than 5 servings of broccoli in one meal and your urine will most definitely turn a dark green color. No reason to worry-it is completely harmless.

3 comments:

  1. It just happened to me last night!!! I panicked. But when I found out that broccoli was the cause (I ate a whole head!), i thought is was... cool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing happened for me too😂.. was literally shocked.. then i came to know tat it is a impact of broccoli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm here because I googled 'green urine broccoli' - more than a whole head over two meals and I'm definitely noticing it!

      Delete